CRM Data Architect – Senior
Our client Canada Post Corporation (CPC) is currently kicking off an ERP Benefits Confirmation and Planning Phase. The scope of this program includes the introduction of a new CRM platform to support the Marketing, Sales and Customer Service business groups. The objective of the CRM portion of the ERP program is to select a cloud based CRM software platform that will best enable the future state of our business processes within these strategic areas.
Reporting to the CRM Process Stream Lead, the Data Architect for CRM will design the underlying data architecture that will provide Canada Post with a 360 degree view of both their Business to Business customers (Commercial Customers) and their Business to Consumer customer (Consumers). This 360 degree view will enable Canada Post to quickly access relevant customer data at many points within the Marketing, Sales and Customer Service processes. Within the ERP Benefits Confirmation and Planning Phase, the Data Architect will design the conceptual data model to enable this 360 degree view and identify all of the data sources that will be required to feed this core data asset.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Participate in the design of the overall vision and data architecture for the ‘360 Degree View’ data asset
• Identify all of the corporate data feeds that will be required to feed this new data solution
• Provide end-to-end vision and knowledge to projects to help them better design solutions from a data perspective
• Close the gap between the technical and high-level business requirements from a data perspective by effectively communicating to business owners and technical teams
• Integrate with the enterprise data governance and data management program
• Establish and oversee basic data modeling principles
• Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database
• Develop Logical and Physical Data Models to ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the reuse of data
• Provide expertise, guidance and consultation regarding the physical storage, movement and presentation of data for projects and the organization
• Utilize industry & competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business
• Implement Relational and multi-dimensional database solutions using available database development tools
• Client Management : can consolidate business requirements and translate them into sound solution architecture
• Data management: significant experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Cloud Platform database solutions, Oracle, SQL Server or others; established and recognized area(s) of expertise in data standards and database products; strong data management skills including relationships and conversion requirements
• Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross application context
• Application development : knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages
• Application development concepts: is familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments
• Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration
• Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Academic : undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent (required), Graduate degree in Business Administration (MBA) (Asset)
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Data Architect.
• Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT.
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
• Strong negotiation and influence skills
• Mature perspective on architecture and its role in a dynamic company
• Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Excellent understanding of technologies (current and emerging)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
HOW TO APPLY:
All interested and qualified applicants can apply on our website at www.talentlab.com or directly to Sarah Doughty at email@example.com.